This spring has brought lots of new and exciting things for Quince & Apple.
We’re turning 5!
On May 9, 2014, Quince & Apple will officially be five years old! That’s when we delivered our first ever case of preserves to Fromagination, here in Madison. We are so thankful for how far we’ve come. It started with just Matt and Clare coming up with unique recipes and cooking preserves in their home, and today we’re a growing team of hard working food lovers.
As a thank you to all of you who have given us the support to get us where we are today, we are offering $5 off any website order for the next month (through June 9).
Pick up a few preserves and syrups for your next get together or even some gift boxes to give away. With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you can get mom something delicious and show her your good taste in food. Just use this coupon code during checkout! And again, thank you!
A new way to label
We’ve introduced a labeling machine to Quince & Apple and it has completely transformed the way we label our products and how fast we’re able to get it done! While labeling by hand for almost five years was fun, this will help us get more preserves and syrups to our stores and customers much faster.
We had a great time at the Pastoral Artisan Producer Festival on April 12 in Chicago. The event brought in their biggest crowd yet! Over 15,000 people stopped by the Chicago French Market to sample products from over 70 local artisans, from cheesemakers to distillers to preserve makers! (Preservers?) If you haven’t gone we highly recommend it. Here’s us at the Festival!
Summer Fancy Food NYC
We are thrilled to announce that we will be an exhibitor at the Summer Fancy Food Show in NYC. This will be the biggest event that Quince & Apple has ever attended and we are so excited to show off our products. If you or someone you know is going, be sure to stop by our booth!
The Quince & Apple Team
Quince & Apple wouldn’t be able to do what we do without our amazing team. We’re going to start featuring them in our newsletter to give you an inside look at what we do every day! To start, meet Shawn and Jen, the chefs in the kitchen.
- Name: Shawn Walker
- Job Position: Kitchen & Production Manager
- What song is stuck in your head RIGHT NOW? Entry of the Gladiators by Julius Fucik
- What is your favorite Q&A product and your favorite way to use it?Orange Marmalade with Lemons: warm sourdough toast with butter and marmalade is my favorite!
- Favorite cocktail? Negroni
- What’s your go-to ingredient? Apple cider vinegar
- Favorite hobby? Ceramics <3
- Name: Jen Rocheleau
- Job Position: Assistant Kitchen Manager
- What song is stuck in your head RIGHT NOW? Ignition by R. Kelly
- What is your favorite Q&A product and your favorite way to use it? Orange Marmalade with Lemons, especially in a vinaigrette. It’s so summery and bright, and delicious with bitter greens like arugula.
- Favorite cocktail? Gin and tonics are my go-to’s, and I love them with our Lime & Cucumber syrup.
- What’s your go-to ingredient? Garlic. Garlic in everything.
- Favorite hobby? I enjoy gardening, yoga, and drawing silly pictures of animals.